Wednesday, April 18, 2007

the lies we tell ourselves

Veal to Love, Without the Guilt - New York Times: "In 2003 people were horrified at the idea I would sell veal," Mr. White said. "It took several years with customers seeing calves running free with moms to come around to the idea it’s O.K. to eat them, that they have actually had a life. By 2004 they were encouraging me to sell them."

Isn't it actually crueller to snatch a living creature from a happy life, kill it, and eat it? BTW, I do eat veal and other animals, and if it were necessary for me to kill them myself I would do it. And I'm all for letting the animals run free and be normal as long as they can. I just don't like the mental contortions people go through to make it ok to eat what we eat. Humans are omnivores. Deal with it.

No comments: